EOMYS provides testing services specialized on magnetic noise and vibrations in electrical machines. These tests can be carried for investigation purpose (e.g. acoustic noise troubleshooting in electric motors), for pre-certification purpose (e.g. check fulfilment of IEC 60034-9 acoustic noise limits), for benchmarking purpose (e.g. compare the NVH level of different e-motor suppliers), or for numerical model fitting (e.g. extraction of modal parameters).
Vibro-acoustic analysis include run-ups, Order Tracking analysis, spectrograms, Operational and Experimental Modal Analysis (OMA/EMA), Operational Deflection Shapes (ODS), Transfer Path Analysis (OTPA, ATPA), blocked force measurements, and Sound Quality analysis.
EOMYS test equipment includes:
- semi-anechoic chambers
- Dewetron SIRIUS acquisition systems with Dewesoft
- OROS OR35 acquisition systems with NVGate
- three-axis or mono-axis piezoelectric accelerometers (Bruel and Kjaer), including miniature accelerometers
- voltage and amperemeter clamps (Chauvin et Arnoux)
- free-field microphones (PCB)
- electrodynamic shaker (LDS) and impact hammer (DJB)
- infrared temperature sensor (Optris) and thermocouples
EOMYS testing services generally include the following steps:
- design of the test campaign
- instrumentation of the system
- field measurements
- off-line post-processing and analysis
- technical reporting including recommendations
To troubleshoot more efficiently electric motor noise issues, EOMYS combines e-NVH testing with e-NVH simulation under Manatee software.